Current status (2019-09-22): 19.09-RELEASE
ClonOS is a turnkey Open Source platform based on FreeBSD and the CBSD framework. ClonOS offers a complete web UI for easily controlling, deploying and managing FreeBSD jails containers and Bhyve/Xen hyperviser virtual environments.
ClonOS is currently the only platform available which allow both Xen and Bhyve hypervisor to coexist on the same host. Being a FreeBSD base platform, ClonOS ability to create and manage jails allows you to run FreeBSD applications without losing performance.
- easy management via web UI interface
- 9p fs support via CBSD CLI ( bhyve shared folders via virtio-p9)
- live Bhyve migration [coming soon, roadmap]
- Bhyve management (create, delete VM)
- Xen management (create, delete VM) [coming soon, roadmap]
- connection to the "physical" guest console via VNC from the browser or directly
- Real time system monitoring
- access to load statistics through SQLite3 and beanstalkd
- support for ZFS features (cloning, snapshots)
- import/export of virtual environments
- public repository with virtual machine templates
- puppet-based helpers for configuring popular services
ClonOS is a free open-source FreeBSD-based platform for virtual environments creation and management. In the core:
- CPU: 64-bit (Intel EMT64 or AMD64), support for Intel VT/AMD-V;
- At least 2 GB of RAM;
- LAN card;
We like existing (but unfortunately Linux-only) solutions such as Proxmox,Triton (Joyent),OpenStack, OpenNebula, Amazon AWS and we believe that FreeBSD OS is able to give something similar.